55 Inspiring Friendship Quotes To Show Your Best Friends How Much You Love Them
Childhood friends. School friends. Neighborhood friends. College friends. Work friends. Best friends. Boyfriends. Girlfriends.
We work our entire lives building friendships. From preschool, where we all learn that “it takes a friend to make a friend,” through adulthood, where we mingle at bars and water coolers, we crave closeness with other human beings.
We just need to know that someone out there “gets us.”
Whether we have a small group of close friends or an expanded group of personalities, each of our friendships brings something new to our lives, inspiring us to see the world a totally different way, giving us a new shoulder to lean on, and a new cheerleader to root us on.
Friendships come in all sorts of forms: serious ones, like the college friend you discuss politics with, silly ones, like the squad you do Halloween with, chill ones, like your wine and Netflix buddy. Some friendships even turn into something more.
Each friendship offers something totally unique — and irreplaceable. Each friendship ultimately makes us who we are.
This is why we spend so much time cultivating these relationships and learning how to be a good friend. This is why we show up after breakups, at graduations, at weddings, and at funerals. This is why near or far, our friends hold a special place in our hearts forever.
We all know, a true friend is hard to find. So when you do find one, hang on tight! It also doesn’t hurt to let your best friends know every now and then just how much they mean to you. These friendship quotes perfectly describe the beauty of friendship.
So go ahead and share one with your sister from another mister or brother from another mother. (And maybe learn a few important lessons long the way about being a good friend.)
Here are 55 inspirational friendship quotes and memes to share with those funny, amazing people in your life who are special beyond compare.
1. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
— C.S. Lewis
2. “Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.”
3. “No friendship is an accident.”
― O. Henry, Heart of the West
4. “A good friend is like a four-leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have.”
— Irish Proverb
5. “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.”
6. “Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.”
7. “Sitting silently beside a friend who is hurting may be the best gift we can give.”
8. “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.”
― Muhammad Ali
9. “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.”
10. “Dear George: Remember no man is a failure who has friends.”
— It’s a Wonderful Life
11. “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”
12. “The great thing about new friends is that they bring new energy to your soul.”
— Shanna Rodriguez
13. “Anybody can sympathise with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathise with a friend’s success.”
14. “Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”
— Albert Camus
15. “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”
Polish zoo p-p-picks up an albino penguin
An albino pengiun made its debut appearance at a Polish zoo on Friday – theRead More
Guns and tourists: Aboard the unlikely India-Pakistan ‘friendship bus’
One Friday morning before dawn, a half-empty Volvo coach slipped out of New Delhi’s AmbedkarRead More