These Guinness Braised Short Ribs Are the Best Thing You’ll Eat All Week
Photograph by Men’s Health
Make them in a slow cooker for tender, mouthwatering meat
What’s better than juicy, delicious ribs? Juicy, delicious ribs glazed with Guinness. And making them in a slow cooker will leave the meat so tender that they’re sure to make your mouth water. Although they take a few hours to cook, these ribs are definitely worth making your co-workers jealous when you’re eating the leftovers for lunch while all they have is a plain old PB&J.
(For an eating plan that fits into your busy schedule, try the Men’s Health Metashred Diet.)
What You Need:
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 lb boneless beef short ribs
- black pepper
- 2 cans Guinness Draught
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 celery stalks, cut
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- gremolata, optional
How to Do It:
- Season the short ribs with salt and pepper, and add the oil to a large sauté pan over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the ribs. Cook them, turning occasionally, until they’re browned all over, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer the ribs to a slow cooker.
- While the pan is still hot, deglaze it by pouring in the beer and scraping up any brown bits. Then pour the beer and bits over the ribs in the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and turn it on high. Cook the ribs until they’re nearly falling apart, about 4 hours. Top with gremolata if you’d like.
Per serving: 574 calories, 48g protein, 22g carbs (4g fiber), 27g fat
Lowe’s Is Having A Major Sale On Grills And Smokers To Compete With Prime Day
The sale will be offered July 16-17.
5 Ways to Stop Hair Loss In Its Tracks
Use this dermatologist-approved plan to slow the erosion of your hairline